A professionally guided art experience over five days. Discover creative ways of seeing, adding new dimensions to your work, in the comfortably relaxed and informal atmosphere of the Whitehouse Studio at Glenreasdale House. Not only has Karen renovated the house but her home also reflects a lifetime of collecting beautiful and interesting objects during her career as a designer.
The course is planned to provide a varied programme of short journeys to inspiring locations, all specially chosen and never far from the sea. Alternatively, working in the studio with other artists will give you time and space to develop your ideas and recharge your creativity in a supportive environment.
What's included :-
- Comfortable accommodation, each room with a view of either the garden or West Loch Tarbert.
- Home made bread and breakfast cereals with fresh fruit each morning. All dietary requests catered for.
- Buffet, picnic or cafe lunch each day.
- Three course evening meals cooked with locally sourced produce.
- Art Tuition six hours each day, in two three-hour sessions.
- Kevin McKaveney - talented local photographer may join us for half a day sessions by request ( POA ).
- Discussions and talks; possible musical evenings.
- The studio is equipped with easels, drawing boards, cleaning agents, paper towels and a varied
selection of art materials. Please bring with you your preferred medium and paper, boards or canvas.
- A large and cosy kitchen with Aga style range - the hub of the house, definitely the place for tea and chat.
- Log fires each day for afternoon tea an a browse through the extensive art library.
' Walk through the emerald forest to the White Shore.'
Karen Beauchamp – Designer / Artist
Karen was Creative Director at Cole & Son (Wallpapers) for 10 years. During this time she designed and compiled 26 wallpaper collections. Before that she ran her own company, from the Cotswolds and London, printing and designing hand printed wallpapers. Her career began studying architecture which gave Karen an undying passion for buildings; her second passion - printing - developed after teaching herself to screen print when producing and designing wallpaper on the Isle of Man. Karen is still working as a consultant Creative Director for several high end wallpaper companies.
Karen will be tutoring courses in 2019 on Creative freedom, Design & Colour and Printmaking